Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Answer to Ambiance in your Home

I promised you I would tell you about the one thing I can not live without in my home. You may think it is fabric, furniture, bedding or something else that might be considered a decorative accessory. Well I hate to disappoint you, but the item I can not live without costs under $10.00 and can be found at your local home improvement stores!
I do not care how dirty my house is or what project I am in the middle of doing, there is always one way to get a great warm feeling in your home. My personal key to wonderful ambiance for me and my family is lighting!!!
I do not love overhead lights that can feel harsh at times, so I have a ton of lamps around the house that help to help my house feel so nice.



Instead of spending 10 minutes every evening running around the house turning on all these lamps, I have found the secret to success and ambiance! Drum roll please..........


                                                           A Lamp Timer

This may seem so obvious and simple, and it is, but for some reason they do not get used enough. I have these on about five lamps in my house so that no matter what I am doing the ambiance is on at the same time every night. I spent the afternoon at the park with my kids today and we got home late, but the lights were on and it felt great walking in. I love this gadget!! These little timers also have a dual purpose of safety if you are out of town!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with the lamps! I'm the same way with lighting - don't like the overheads. I also have a couple of lamps on a timer - what a great invention

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

Love that little gadget! great idea and can I have your lamps?? BTW, where is your updated tablescape? I want to see all the layerin' you put on it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ok, I admit, I bought one and haven't even put it on yet....I need to do that..now. :)

The Nester said...

Great idea! Love the timer and those are quite the pretty tassels you have there!

Vintagesquirrel said...

This is really a fantastic idea. Especially in my house of all males (excepy moi), as they will just sit in the dark, rather than going over and turning a lamp on.

Tell me, how does the timer work? Is it wireless? Where does the gadget itself go - is it visable?

Thanks, Michelle
P.S. Why have I not found your blog before now?

onceuponacottage said...

The gadget itself plugs into the outlet and the lamp will now plug into the timer. It is not digital, in fact it just ticks like a clock and turns on wherever you place the plastic pieces. It is so easy to use and very practical!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & I appreciate your comments!