Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fabric Series Part 3: I Saved the Best for Last!

This is the third and final part of my fabric mini series. The best part about this little segment ending is that I saved the best for last!

The windows in my breakfast area and family room have been calling my name since the day we moved in. I have let them call me daily without answering because I did not know what to do with them! I had no idea if I would ever find fabric that I loved and could tie these two rooms together. It is one big open space so I needed fabric that could make the two rooms into one beautiful space. I finally found the most amazing fabric ever and had it made into panels and a valance.

Below are the BORING before pictures:



I know these pictures are making you sleepy but hold onto your seats! Here are the after pictures:



Here is a close up of this wonderful fabric:


Remember the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I say this because my husband does not love  this fabric and believes it is a little eccentric for his likings. However, I must mention that while I often value my husbands' opinion on many things, respectfully this does not happen to be one of them!

I fell in love with this fabric the moment I saw it and love it even more in my home. Every time I walk by this window I am thrilled with the final product. I have waited a long time for this and could not be any more satisfied with the end result! It helps pull lots of pieces together and provides warmth and unity to a very cold space.

 I hope this little series on fabric has inspired you to find fabric that you love and incorporate it into your own home and let it serve a purpose for you. Whether the purpose is warmth, sound, unity, or strictly decorative; start experimenting with fabric and keep me posted on your own magic of fabric!

4 comments:

Mom of 2 Roses said...

I love your fabric! Good choice! What do men know anywy? Life would be boring without eccentric people. I love your blog!
Laurie

Amber B. said...

Oh, I love that fabric! It looks so fresh and bright and fun. Just found your blog and I'm having fun exploring... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It was great to meet you at BlissDom!

I love your fabric choice. It's beautiful! Although my husband would probably have the same opinion as yours. :-)

Kimba

queenbee said...

I love this fabric, its bright and colorful. Great choice. Where did you find it?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & I appreciate your comments!